Tours, Day Trips and Local Attractions
Discover the Macedon Ranges on your next getaway.
Lawson Lodge is situated in the picturesque Macedon Ranges, an area known for award winning wineries, gourmet food and iconic attractions such as Hanging Rock and Mt Macedon. We are only 40 minutes from Melbourne CBD or 25 minutes from Melbourne airport, so instead of spending hours driving here you can spend your day relaxing and enjoying the sights. Lawson Lodge itself is only a short drive to the hamlets of Macedon, Woodend, Gisborne, Mount Macedon, Lancefield, Trentham and Daylesford.
At Lawson Lodge we offer our guests a wide variety of options for day trips and tours throughout the local area. A day trip can be a great way to relax, to learn more about the area or simply as a good excuse to spend some time with friends sampling local wines or indulging in chocolate.
Several tours of the region are available, or if you prefer we can tailor make one to suit your needs. These include Garden and Scenic Tours, Winery Tours, Chocolate Indulgence Tour and our most popular being “The Rock and The Wine Tour” which includes entry to Hanging Rock reserve and to the Discovery Centre, a guided walk up the famous rock with the Park Ranger, and cellar door tasting at two of the regions award winning wineries with a cheese platter served.
Some of the local attractions include: –
- Hanging Rock Reserve
- Mount Macedon memorial cross
- Cobaw Ranges
- Macedon Ranges historical gardens
- Lake Daylesford
- “Living Legends”, the international home of rest for champion horses
- Trentham Falls Waterfall
- Sanitarium Lake on Mt Macedon
- Shopping villages such as Woodend and Gisborne
- Renowned local pubs
- The regions markets
- Several wonderful wineries including Hanging Rock Winery, Curly Flat Vineyard and Gisborne Peak Winery.
- The Chocolate Mill
- Holgates Brewery, a microbrewery in Woodend
- Cafes and restaurants
- Day Spa’s
- Art galleries
- Horse riding centre
- Clay target shooting range
- Local festivals and events such as the Woodend Winter Arts Festival